To All Parent & Students Attending the 2020-21 School Year at the Tomorrow River Schools,
The Food Service Department would like to extend a warm welcome to all parents and students of the District. We are in the midst of very unprecedented times. The food service department would like to keep you informed on the changes that you will be seeing this year due to the Covid-19 epidemic. With that said, this year should still prove to be fun, productive and a learning experience for everyone.
Summary of the changes:
- Breakfast will be provided from 7:30 am – 7:55 am, in bag format. Each bag will have 1 Grain, 1 Fruit, and 1 Milk Choice. MS and HS can pick up their bags in the Cafeteria and Elementary will have a station in the Elementary for pickup. Students are to take their breakfast back to their classroom to eat before class starts. These meals will be charged accordingly to each students account.
- The lunch menu for each day will consist of: 1 Meat Choice, 1 Grain Choice, 1 Fruit, 1 Vegetable and 1 Milk Choice. These Five components are required to make up a complete meal according to USDA standards. Salad Bar will not be available.
- While going through the lunch line, practicing social distancing, each student will choose one of two entrees; (the rest of the menu items will not be chosen by the student), including condiments, will be placed on their tray by the food service team and handed to them at the end of the line along with their napkin and utensils. With that said, because we are now serving the meal each student will have to have all five components on their tray for it to be a complete meal. This is a temporary change due to the Covid-19 epidemic.
- A la carte entrees along with a limited amount of grab and go items will still be offered to grades 5th through 12th. Students will be asked to follow the flow of the lunch line to make your purchase.
- The microwave in the cafeteria will not be available for use at this time.
- Sack breakfast & lunch meals will also be available by preorder only. This option is intended for virtual students and for days when students are learning from home. These meals will be charged according to each students account for that day only. Multiple day meal pickups will not be allowed at this time. Please see the district’s website for the ordering form. Meal Order forms must be turned in no later than Thursday for the following weeks order. Meal pickup for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday will be from 8 am – 10 am at the main ticket booth on the northwest side of parking lot A. Wednesday meal pickup will be at Door C9 from 7:30 am – 8:30 am, and 11 am – 12:30 pm.
- We encourage all parents to speak with their students conveying this information to them. If anyone has any questions regarding menu changes or any other question they can contact the food service Director directly. The food service team is excited and looking forward to serving your family this school year and many years to come.